Welcome to the Platteville Optimist Club, a community service organization with focus on youth.
We believe that through positive action in our community we can create a better tomorrow.
To find out more about us, read our Optimist Creed or take a look at the list of our service projects.
You can also read copies of our Newsletter at Rooster Call.
For information on joining the Optimist Club in Platteville, be our guest for our meetings at 7:00 a.m.
at Take 2 Restaurant at 111 Millennium Drive, next to Millennium Theater.
For an approximate location for Take 2 Restaurant using Yahoo maps, click here.
Optimist International Mission Statement
By providing hope and positive vision, Optimists bring out the best in children.
SWIS District Vision Statement
To be the premier youth serving organization in Southern Wisconsin: Bringing Out the Best In Kids... Right Here, Right Now
Written in 1912 by Christian D. Larson, adopted by Optimist International in 1922.
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
Please send comments, questions and suggestions about the web page to Howard Crofoot at info@PLATTEVILLEOPTIMIST.ORG
Last Modified: October 3, 2014 6:50 a.m.